Moving Around NOMA
We have been working to bring forward improved ways of moving around the NOMA site.
Our vision is to develop new easy-to-navigate routes within the NOMA site as well as to find ways to make movement easier for people travelling through the NOMA site to neighbouring parts of the city.
This section of the Engage website includes more information about:
- The plans to improve cycleways around the NOMA site.
We have worked to bring forward proposals to improve cycling corridors through the NOMA site. Some new cycle routes were created as part of previous road network changes but we saw opportunities to make cycling around NOMA an even safer and more pleasant experience.
To improve connectivity between these cycle routes and other routes in the vicinity, we decided to bring forward the following:
- New cycle routes to improve access for cyclists entering the city from the north.
- The redesign of the layout of some streets to allow for wider footways to ensure that vehicle and cycle routes do not conflict.
- Installation and improvement of toucan crossings to enable cyclists to travel around the site with greater ease. A toucan crossing was installed across Rochdale Road and improvements made to existing crossings at Miller Street and Corporation Street.
- The redistribution of on-street car parking away from areas of heavy footfall and the cycling corridors. Overall, the number of on-street parking spaces will remain unchanged.